Public Service Announcement
Shelter and other updates
GLYNN COUNTY, Ga.- The American Red Cross has set up a shelter available to residents at Selden Park located at 100 Genoa Martin Drive, Brunswick, GA 31520. The shelter is open and is available to anyone who needs lodging. The Salvation Army will be feeding those housed at the shelter.
If you are planning to go to the shelter, you should bring any prescription medications, extra clothing, pillows, blankets, hygiene supplies, important documents and other comfort items. You should also include any special items for children such as diapers, formula and toys, and items needed by family members with unique needs.
In addition, Dunbar Creek Bridge on Sea Island is now open.
Due to the significant power losses sustained in the area from Hurricane Irma, all customers of the Brunswick-Glynn County Joint Water & Sewer Commission continue to be under a strict water & sewer service conservation plan. The below is a list of recommendations by JWSC:
· No showers or baths should be taken.
· Toilets should not be flushed if at all possible.
· Sink use should be extremely limited.
· Do not run dish washer or washing machines.
· Please stay off the road if you can. The safety of our crews is becoming a challenge.
· Any restaurant that you see open has been approved by the Department of Public Health only after we have confirming sewer service is available.
· There are many, many reports of sanitary sewer overflows, especially at manholes. Stop using water if you can until all services have been restored.
· Please avoid automatic car washes: they’re adding to the problem.
· Staff has begun communicating with high volume water users, such as commercial laundry, coin op laundry and dry cleaners, to determine if they are in sewer basins that are sensitive to overflow.
For the most up to date information on JWSC, please visit http://www.bgjwsc.org/news/.
Acting Public Information Officer