This is the FLETC FOIA Library and it contains those documents required by the Electronic Freedom of Information Act. The index below provides the titles or subjects of the documents. Please feel free to view the documents (if the format allows) or download them as you desire. There is no requirement for you to send a FOIA request for these documents. If there are files you believe should be here, then please contact the FLETC Disclosure Office.
FOIA & PA Information
Below you will find a list of all FLETC-published Privacy Act Systems of Record. However, there are other Privacy Act Systems of Record published by the Department of the Treasury, the Office of Personnel Management, and the Office of Government Ethics that cover department-wide and government-wide systems, respectively. The Office of the Federal Register publishes a listing of each agency's systems of records notices as well as its PA regulations.
FLETC-Published Systems of Record
System name: FLETC Administrative Records--Treasury/FLETC.
System location: FLETC, Office of Administration, Building 94, Glynco, GA 31524. Systems are also located at the FLETC facilities located in Artesia, NM and Tucson, AZ. (See below for addresses.)
Categories of individuals covered by the system: Students, current employees, past employees, employees of client agencies, contractor employees, guests, and visiting personnel.
Categories of records in the system: Access Control/ Identification, Vehicle Registration and Driver Violation, Equipment Control, Property Pass/Accountability, Lost and Found, Key Assignment, Safety and Occupational Health Program, Security Incident, Emergency Services, Administrative Inquiry, and Instructor Management records and Resource and Marketing Mailing Lists.
Authority for the maintenance of the system: Treasury Order 140-01, dated September 20, 1994.
Routine uses of records maintained in the system, including categories of users and purposes of such uses:
Disclosure to the contract employer, the individual's parent agency, and Federal regulatory agencies on a "need to know" basis. These records and information in the records may be used to:
- Disclose pertinent information to appropriate Federal, State, local or foreign agencies responsible for investigating or prosecuting the violations of, or for enforcing or implementing, a statute, rule, regulation, order, or license, where the disclosing agency becomes aware of an indication of a violation or potential violation of civil or criminal law or regulation;
- Disclose information to a Federal, State, or local agency, maintaining civil, criminal or other relevant enforcement information or other pertinent information, which has requested information relevant to or necessary to the requesting agency's or the bureau's hiring or retention of an individual, or issuance of a security clearance, license, contract, grant, or other benefit;
- Disclose information to a court, magistrate, or administrative tribunal in the course of presenting evidence, including disclosures to opposing counsel or witnesses in the course of civil discovery, litigation, or settlement negotiations, in response to a subpoena, or in connection with criminal law proceedings;
- Disclose information to foreign governments in accordance with formal or informal international agreements;
- Provide information to a congressional office in response to an inquiry made at the request of the individual to whom the record pertains;
- Provide information to the news media in accordance with guidelines contained in 28 CFR 50.2 which relate to an agency's functions relating to civil and criminal proceedings;
- Provide information to unions recognized as exclusive bargaining representatives under the Civil Service Reform Act of 1978, 5 U.S.C. 7111 and 7114;
- Provide information to third parties during the course of an investigation to the extent necessary to obtain information pertinent to the investigation.
Storage: Various electronic mediums and paper files.
Retrievability: Name, Social Security Number, employer, and/or organizational element.
Safeguards: Physical security, personnel screening and computer passwords are all used to prevent unauthorized disclosure of records.
Retention and disposal: Disposition as prescribed by the General Records Schedules.
System manager(s) and address: Director, Office of Administration, Building 94, FLETC, Glynco, GA 31524.
Notification procedure: The individual must provide full name, social security number, and dates of duty at the Center to the System Manager.
Record access procedures: By written request to the System Manager.
Contesting record procedures: See "Record access procedures'' above.
Record source categories: The individual on whom the record is maintained, client agencies, employers, and the FLETC.
Exemptions claimed for the system: None.
- Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, Glynco, GA 31524
- Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, Washington Office, 650 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20226
- Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, Artesia Facility, 1300 W. Richey Avenue Artesia, NM 88210
- Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, Building 4310, 3rd Fl Davis-Monthan Air Force Base Tucson, AZ 85707