The Advanced Forensic Techniques In Crime Scene Investigations II (AFTCSI-II) is designed for qualified law enforcement officers, criminal investigators, crime scene technicians, and civilians who have a foundational knowledge and experience with crime scene processing and investigation. The program offers the student advanced laboratory and crime scene exercises to achieve a higher level of proficiency in documenting, processing, and preserving complex items of evidence, as well as the management and coordination of a complex crime scene.
* This program has been approved by the Crime Scene Certification Board of International Association for Identification (IAI) as meeting the requirements necessary for training and professional development towards crime scene certification/re-certification.
- Applicant must be a law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws or crime scene technicians whose primary duty is the processing of crime scenes and the documentation, collection, processing and preservation of physical evidence for a federal, State, County or Municipal law enforcement Agency.
- The applicant also must possess knowledge of basic crime scene digital photography and computers.
- It is recommended that applicants complete the AFTCSI Level I program, or equivalent advanced forensics training course, prior to attending this program.
Required Training Materials
- Death Investigation
- Crime Scene Investigation Review
- Advanced Crime Scene Photography
- Forensic Light Applications
- Advanced Latent Print Development
- Crime Scene Diagramming Software
- Bloodstain Pattern Recognition and Documentation
- Shooting Scene Documentation
- Forensic Autopsy
- Death Investigations
- AFTCSI-II Final Practical Exercise
- Practical Explosives Investigations
- Recovery of Human Remains and Forensic Entomology
Federal organization personnel should contact their agency training officer to register for training, email questions to FLETCAdmissions@fletc.dhs.gov or telephone 912-267-3344.
State, local and tribal officers requesting training should register online. If organizational support is required or you have additional needs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-800-743-5382.
International (non-US) personnel should email FLETCemail@example.com or telephone 912-261-4023.
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 554-4828