The Advanced Forensic Techniques in Crime Scene Investigations I (AFTCSI-I) is designed for qualified law enforcement officers, criminal investigators, crime scene technicians, and civilians who have a background in crime scene processing and investigations. The program offers the student many laboratory and crime scene exercises to become proficient in the location, documentation, collection, and preservation of physical evidence commonly encountered at a crime scene. The class culminates in an eight hour practical exercise where the students will investigate and document a crime scene utilizing the new skills and techniques acquired during the program.
* This program has been approved by the Crime Scene Certification Board of the International Association for Identification (IAI) as meeting the requirements necessary for training and professional development towards crime scene certification/re-certification.
- Applicant must be a law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws or crime scene technicians whose primary duty is the processing of crime scenes and the documentation, collection, processing and preservation of physical evidence for a federal, State, County or Municipal law enforcement Agency.
- The applicant also must possess knowledge of basic crime scene digital photography and computers.
Required Training Materials
- Role of Physical Evidence in Criminal Investigations
- Crime Scene Management
- Crime Scene Photography
- Crime Scene Documentation (Reports and Sketches)
- Biological and Trace Evidence
- Latent Print Evidence
- Death Investigations
- Post-Mortem Prints
- Impression Evidence
- Crime Scene Diagramming Software
Federal organization personnel should contact their agency training officer to register for training, email questions to FLETCAdmissions@fletc.dhs.gov or telephone 912-267-3344.
State, local and tribal officers requesting training should register online. If organizational support is required or you have additional needs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-800-743-5382.
International (non-US) personnel should email FLETCemail@example.com or telephone 912-261-4023.
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 554-4828