Notification of Training
If you have been notified by your employing organization that you will be attending training at the FLETC, you are asked to call your organization representative at Charleston as soon as your transportation plans are firm.
All students must report to the Registration Desk at the Visitor's Center in Building 642 upon arrival. The Visitor’s Center is open 24 hours every day of the week to assist arriving and departing students. Unless otherwise arranged in advance between the student’s employing agency and the FLETC, the designated travel day for arriving students is the day before his/her class begins.
Students arriving via private or government vehicle or airport shuttle will stop at the Visitor’s Center for vehicle registration and, if necessary, for weapon check-in. Housing assignments will be made and Center identification badge will be issued (housing is not available until 3:00pm.).
Class packets will be provided at Registration which will contain information regarding the Center and class specifics: i.e., building number, location of classroom, starting time, and maps.
Center Identification Badges will be issued. You are required to wear your identification badge at all times. The badge is a means of identifying individuals; it also serves as your meal pass in the dining hall. It must be presented and scanned in order for you to be served without being charged for food.
Processing at Building 642
To expedite your registration at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers in Charleston, SC, please follow the below advanced and basic student registration procedures.
- Before arriving at the FLETC, complete Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers Student Registration Form, FTC-SEM-30 (see below) and print it immediately. Note: You must print the completed form before closing the file. Your changes will not be saved.
- Upon arrival at the FLETC, present the completed Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers Student Registration Form to the Registration Clerk. If you do not complete this form, you will need to obtain a copy in Building 642 and complete it before you approach the registration window.
- Carry your personal identification with photograph (e.g., driver’s license) and vehicle license plate number (for students driving on the FLETC campus) to the registration window.
- For students who registered late, we recommend that you have a copy of a letter from your agency showing your enrollment in the specific class. This will expedite the registration process if your name is not listed on the class roster.
- Please report registration problems to your class coordinator the first day of training. Your class coordinator will address the problem with the appropriate FLETC officials.
Upon final departure from the FLETC, remove all personal property, dispose of food and trash, unlock your closets and ensure that furniture is returned back to the original arrangement. “Check out” time is no later than 12:00 noon, unless otherwise coordinated with your Program Specialist and approved by the Housing Program Manager. Leave room keys/ID Badges with your respective dormitory Desk Clerk.