The UOFITP is designed to give the student the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully design, develop and implement Use of Force training using static, dynamic, and interactive training principles. The UOFITP is for law enforcement professionals who train officers or agents in the principles of Use of Force, develop or revise Use of Force policy, and are responsible for review and evaluation of agency Use of Force incidents. It is not designed as an end user course which teaches an individual how to use force correctly. The UOFITP utilizes adult learning principles as well as problem based training, role-play, lecture and demonstrations to give the student the skills they need to be successful developing and teaching their own training programs related to Use of Force.
- Applicant must be a law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws.
- Applicants can be a member of the military that has law enforcement responsibilities or in preparation for deployment.
- Must be able to participate in intensive training lasting up to ten hours per day.
- Must not have any medical restrictions.
Required Training Materials
- For Cheltenham Students: You must bring appropriate attire for Use of Force training (BDU pants, rough-duty shirt). Training uniforms are not provided.
- Use Officer Liability
- Use of Force - Legal Aspects
- Use of Force
- Designing, Developing, and Evaluating Labs and Practical Exercises
- Instructional Use of Non-Lethal Training Ammunition
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 267-2599
Artesia: (575) 746-5676