The VDETP will train law enforcement personnel to use equipment and devices that directly interface with vehicle infotainment and telematics systems through specially designed hardware that can acquire binary images, decode and parse data, and recover deleted information.
Applicants must be a law enforcement officer/agent or civilian forensics investigators/analysts with or without arrest authority, actively engaged in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws.
Required Training Materials
- Vehicle Data Extraction Techniques
- Advanced Electronic Law and Evidence
- Federal organization personnel should contact their agency training officer to register for training, email questions to FLETCAdmissions@fletc.dhs.gov or telephone 912-267-3344.
- State, local and tribal officers requesting training should register online. If organizational support is required or you have additional needs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-800-743-5382.
- International (non-US) personnel should email FLETCemail@example.com or telephone 912-261-4023.
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 267-2485