The Vehicle Ambush Counter-measures Training Program (VACTP) presents experienced drivers with some practical alternatives for the protection of their principles against vehicle ambushes and assassination attempts while in transit. Through various instructional methodologies including lectures, discussions, and practical exercises, students will discover principles and techniques for deciding the appropriate countermeasures required during vehicle ambushes. In addition, students are updated on current assassination attempts and applicable information regarding actual incidents.
- Applicant must be a law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws or those designated Direct Law Enforcement Support Personnel (DLESP) and have assigned duties that require knowledge of the subject matter.
- The student should be currently engaged in or expected to use the skills taught in this program.
- Must be in good physical condition.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must have knowledge of vehicle dynamics and law enforcement driving operations.
Required Training Materials
For Cheltenham Students: You must bring appropriate training attire. Training uniforms are not provided.
- Vehicle Motorcade Tactics
- Advanced Vehicle Handling Skills
- Advanced Technical Driving
- Precision Immobilization Technique (PIT)
- High Center Of Gravity ( SUV's ) Training
- Vehicle Ambush and Assassination Studies
- Vehicle Ambush Countermeasures
Federal organization personnel should contact their agency training officer to register for training, email questions to FLETCAdmissions@fletc.dhs.gov or telephone 912-267-3344.
State, local and tribal officers requesting training should register online. If organizational support is required or you have additional needs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-800-743-5382.
International (non-US) personnel should email FLETCemail@example.com or telephone 912-261-4023.
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 267-3235
Cheltenham: (301) 877-8337