The Use of Force Instructor Training Program (UOFITP) has been designed to give the student the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully design, develop and implement Use of Force training using static, dynamic and interactive training principles.
This program has been developed for those law enforcement professionals who train officers or agents in the principles of Use of Force, develop or revise Use of Force policy, and are responsible for review and evaluation of agency Use of Force incidents. It is not designed as an end user course which teaches an individual how to use force correctly. It utilizes adult learning principles as well as problem based training, role-play, lecture and demonstrations to give the student the skills they need to be successful developing and teaching their own training programs related to Use of Force.
- Applicant must be a law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws.
- Must be able to participate in intensive training lasting up to ten hours per day.
- Must not have any medical restrictions.
Required Training Materials
For Cheltenham Students: You must bring appropriate attire for Use of Force training (BDU pants, rough-duty shirt). Training uniforms are not provided.
- Use of Force Orientation
- Legal Aspects of Use of Force
- Use of Force
- Officer Liability
- Officer Response Tactics Instructor Techniques for Non-Lethal Training Ammunition
- In-Service Development
- Human Performance Behavior
Federal organization personnel should contact their agency training officer to register for training, email questions to FLETCAdmissions@fletc.dhs.gov or telephone 912-267-3344.
State, local and tribal officers requesting training should register online. If organizational support is required or you have additional needs, please email email@example.com or call us at 1-800-743-5382.
International (non-US) personnel should email FLETCfirstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 912-261-4023.
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 267-2599
Artesia: (575) 746-5962
Cheltenham: (301) 877-8436