The Recovery of Evidence from CCTV Video Recording (RECVR) is designed to provide the responding officer and/or the investigator with the best practices for recognizing, collecting, and properly transporting sensitive digital video evidence from crime scenes in such a manner that preserves the evidentiary integrity of the video. Emphasis is placed on collection of evidence, preserving the evidentiary integrity of the video and utilization of correct software to accurately play and review the collected video.
Students will demonstrate their comprehension of the material and techniques taught in this course through extensive laboratory and practical exercises using various proprietary and non proprietary recorders.
The RECVR training program tuition includes state-of-the-art hardware and software which will be issued to each student and will be demonstrated and used during class.
Applicant must be a law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws; direct law enforcement support personnel; or employees of a federal, state, local, tribal or international agency who perform functions directly related to a law enforcement or Department of Homeland Security mission but do not necessarily have the authority to carry and use firearms, make arrests and/or conduct searches with or without a warrant. This category of personnel may also include military personnel preparing for deployment. This program is part of the FLETC's Cybercrime Track or the Electronic Surveillance Track.
Required Training Materials
- The RECVR training program tuition includes state-of-the-art hardware and software which will be issued to each student and will be demonstrated and used during class.
- Electronic Law and Evidence
- Recovery of Evidence From CCTV Video Recordings
- Federal organization personnel should contact their agency training officer to register for training, email questions to FLETCAdmissions@fletc.dhs.gov or telephone 912-267-3344.
- State, local and tribal officers requesting training should register online. If organizational support is required or you have additional needs, please email email@example.com or call us at 1-800-743-5382.
- International (non-US) personnel should email FLETCfirstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 912-261-4023.
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 267-2485