The Protective Service Operations Training Program (PSOTP) provides specialized training to personnel who will conduct or augment Protective Service Operations for Foreign and Domestic leaders who are, or may become potential targets of terrorism and/or criminal acts. Emphasis is placed on the full spectrum of protective operations including: doctrine and terminology, coordination and mission planning, protective service motorcade operations and many other areas.
- Applicant must be a law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws or at a minimum, students shall be employees of a federal, state, local or tribal agency who will conduct or augment Protective Service Operations.
- All students must be current in weapons qualification in accordance with respective agency policy.
- Students must possess a valid driver's license.
Required Training Materials
- Weapon (student choice). For students who do not hand carry their duty weapon, a Glock or Sig will be provided.
- Three (3) magazines (if bringing a firearm)
- Magazine pouches
- Body armor (encouraged)
- Holster (Not Authorized: Trigger-finger manipulation-style, shoulder, and ankle holsters)
- Appropriate attire:
- Khakis/BDU pants and professional polo style shirt.
- Business Attire (Attire must adequately conceal PSO equipment, ((i.e., radio, and surveillance kit)).
- Appropriate running shoes for Physical Training/Defensive Tactics portions of training.
- Aircraft Counter Measures
- Introduction to Protective Service Operations
- Organization of a Protective Detail
- Case Studies
- PSO Formations
- Motorcade Formations, Arrivals & Departures
- Protective Countermeasures & Surveillance Detection
- Route Surveys
- PSO Advances
- Cover & Evacuation
- Protective Intelligence
- Attacks on Principal
- PSO Team Meetings
- PSO Lab
- Firearms Safety Rules & Regulations
- Live Fire Engagement Techniques for Protective Services Operations
- Motorcade Tactics
- Advanced Vehicle Handling Skills
- Advanced Technical Driving
- Instructing PIT
- Vehicle Ambush Countermeasures
- Tactical Medical
- Protective Controls
- Community First Aid & Safety (CFAS)
- The Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers (FLETC) partner with numerous federal agencies to provide law enforcement training. If you are a member of one of these Participating Organizations, please contact your agency training officer for class availability. If your agency is not a partner organization of the FLETC and you are interested in attending a course, please contact us to request placement on our Wait List.
- The FLETC State, Local and Tribal Division (SLTD) supports our local law enforcement communities by providing training opportunities, onsite at FLETC campuses and exported to hosts, through the FLETC Application for Student Training (FAST) online application site at FLETC.gov/FAST.
- For more information on all training at FLETC, please contact us at FLETCAdmissions@FLETC.DHS.GOV or 800-743-5382.
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 554-4738