The Protective Detail Refresher (PDR) is designed to review the specialized skills of officers/agents who conduct protective service operations for cabinet level and/or other government officials who are, or may become targets of terrorism and/or criminal acts. Emphasis is placed on; motorcade tactics, formations, live fire engagements, tactical medical and counter ambush techniques.
- The applicant must be a law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of Federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws.
- The applicant must have prior protective service operations training and have experience serving on a protective detail assignment.
- Applicant must be current with their agency’s weapons qualifications policy.
- Applicant must possess a valid driver’s license.
Required Training Materials
- Students must bring duty handgun, magazines, holster, magazine pouch, and concealment garment (i.e., coat, jacket). Cheltenham students must bring appropriate training attire. Training uniforms are not provided.
- Aircraft Counter Measures
- PSO Formations
- Motorcade Formations, Arrivals & Departures
- PSO Advances
- Live Fire Engagement Techniques for Protective Services Operations
- Skid Control
- Motorcade Tactics
- High Center of Gravity Vehicles
- Vehicle Ambush Countermeasures
- Tactical Medical
- Firearms Safety Briefing
- Federal organization personnel should contact their agency training officer to register for training, email questions to FLETCAdmissions@fletc.dhs.gov or telephone 912-267-3344.
- State, local and tribal officers requesting training should register online. If organizational support is required or you have additional needs, please email email@example.com or call us at 1-800-743-5382.
- International (non-US) personnel should email FLETCfirstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 912-261-4023.
Program Contact Info