The Money Laundering and Asset Forfeiture Training Program (MLAFTP) is designed for law enforcement professionals seeking a foundation and understanding of how to investigate money laundering and the issues involved with asset forfeiture. The program provides an interactive overview of the money laundering and asset forfeiture investigative process. The program content focuses on participant application of Money Laundering and Asset Forfeiture investigative techniques through an interactive investigation of a simulated money laundering case. The money laundering suspect will take the participant through a maze of financial transactions specifically designed to conceal and disguise the source, location, and ownership of illegal proceeds. With that information the participants will utilize criminal investigative techniques to identify the witnesses and evidence that will be used to prove each of the elements of a money laundering violation and perfect the related asset forfeiture. The investigation of the simulated case will be interspersed with relevant blocks of instruction that will augment the investigator’s current investigative skills and lead to a successful conclusion to the investigation.
This program is open to investigators, auditors, analysts, attorneys, and individuals serving as direct law enforcement support personnel. The participant needs to have computer skills (Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, and Excel) prior to enrolling in this program.
Required Training Materials
Participants must bring a laptop computer with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Reader installed. The computer must also have a CD drive.
- Electronic Case Organization
- Money Laundering Schemes and Transfer Systems
- Bank Secrecy Act - Title 31
- Investigative Applications of Electronic Spreadsheets
- Investigative Accounting and Financial Analysis Techniques
- Tracing Funds Through Financial Institutions
- Money Laundering
- Asset Forfeiture
- Federal organization personnel should contact their agency training officer to register for training, email questions to FLETCAdmissions@fletc.dhs.gov or telephone 912-267-3344.
- State, local and tribal officers requesting training should register online. If organizational support is required or you have additional needs, please email email@example.com or call us at 1-800-743-5382.
- International (non-US) personnel should email FLETCfirstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 912-261-4023.
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 267-3166
NOTE: For Export training programs only, the below forms must be completed and faxed to the Training Specialist at 912-267-2500.