The Leadership Thru Understanding Human Behavior (LTUHB) allows participants to develop a better understanding of themselves, interpersonal dynamics, and how their strengths, weaknesses, and roles within workgroups and teams affect a mission's outcome. Participants learn how to adapt to and capitalize on each other's strengths in order to have more effective mission outcomes. The program starts by developing self-awareness and the ability to recognize behavioral styles in order to build relationships. As workgroups/members start to develop an understanding of the strengths and benefits associated with behavioral styles and value systems, collectively they start to develop strategies to effectively accomplish goals. This information can be used to establish more effective workgroups and teams by capitalizing on the strengths each individual brings to the group. More specifically, training can yield valuable information on the particular aspects of the team's development process.
Applicants must be sworn law enforcement officers/agents or law enforcement support personnel employed by a federal, state, local or tribal agency or department.
Required Training Materials
- DISC - Understanding Human Behavior
- Belief Systems and Motivators
- Emotional Intelligence and Leadership
- Federal organization personnel should contact their agency training officer to register for training. If you do not know your agency representative you may contact FLETC Admissions for assistance.
- Apply for state, local and tribal training. If organizational support is required or you have additional needs, contact FLETC Admissions
- International (non-US) personnel should email FLETCemail@example.com or telephone 912-261-4023.
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 267-3025