The Leadership Thru Understanding Human Behavior (LTUHB) allows participants to develop a better understanding of themselves, interpersonal dynamics, and how their strengths, weaknesses, and roles within workgroups and teams affect a mission's outcome. Participants learn how to adapt to and capitalize on each other's strengths in order to have more effective mission outcomes. The program starts by developing self-awareness and the ability to recognize behavioral styles in order to build relationships. As workgroups/members start to develop an understanding of the strengths and benefits associated with behavioral styles and value systems, collectively they start to develop strategies to effectively accomplish goals. This information can be used to establish more effective workgroups and teams by capitalizing on the strengths each individual brings to the group. More specifically, training can yield valuable information on the particular aspects of the team's development process.
Applicants must be sworn law enforcement officers/agents or law enforcement support personnel employed by a federal, state, local or tribal agency or department.
Required Training Materials
- DISC - Understanding Human Behavior
- Belief Systems and Motivators
- Emotional Intelligence and Leadership
- The Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers (FLETC) partner with numerous federal agencies to provide law enforcement training. If you are a member of one of these Participating Organizations, please contact your agency training officer for class availability. If your agency is not a partner organization of the FLETC and you are interested in attending a course, please contact us at FLETC Admissions. Class availability is limited for non-partner organizations.
- The FLETC supports our local law enforcement communities by providing training opportunities, onsite at FLETC campuses and exported to host locations across the United States. State, local and tribal officers can apply for this training at FLETC Application for Student Training (FAST).
- For more information on all training at FLETC, please contact us at FLETC Admissions.
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 267-3025