The Law Enforcement Rifle Training Program (LERTP) is structured to train the student in optically and unaided rifle/carbine skills and techniques. The program is designed to target the individual who may be required to employ their rifle/carbine in various law enforcement situations.
- Applicant must be a full-time law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws or active military.
- Must be in good physical condition with no medical restrictions and pass a FLETC health screening.
- Must have completed a basic law enforcement academy.
Required Training Materials
- Agency issued handgun
- Leather/web gear (Gear not authorized for use are: Auto Lock, Trigger Finger Release Style Holsters that require the trigger finger to deactivate/disable the retention mechanism, Shoulder Holsters, Cross Draw Holsters, Inside the belt holsters, or Ankle Holsters).
Note: If a student cannot bring their agency issued handgun, FLETC (all sites) will provide the student a handgun for training.
For Cheltenham Students:
- You must bring proper range attire. Training uniforms are not provided.
- Issued semi-automatic pistol
- Duty belt with holster (Gear not authorized for use are: Auto Lock, Trigger Finger Release Style Holsters that require the trigger finger to deactivate/disable the retention mechanism, Shoulder Holsters, Cross Draw Holsters, Inside the belt holsters, or Ankle Holsters)
- A minimum of 3 magazines. Ammunition and range safety equipment will be provided.
- Firearms Safety Rules & Regulations
- Law Enforcement Rifle
Federal organization personnel should contact their agency training officer to register for training, email questions to FLETCAdmissions@fletc.dhs.gov or telephone 912-267-3344.
State, local and tribal officers requesting training should register online. If organizational support is required or you have additional needs, please email email@example.com or call us at 1-800-743-5382.
International (non-US) personnel should email FLETCfirstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 912-261-4023.
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 554-4321
Charleston: (843) 746-0865
Cheltenham: (301) 877-8450