The Law Enforcement Fitness Coordinator Training Program (LEFCTP) is designed to present the student with information concerning health, physical fitness assessment, physical conditioning, and functional fitness. The student will also be instructed in program management, basic anatomy and exercise physiology, exercise leadership, injury prevention, and strength training. Individuals attending this program will receive instruction and practical training to instruct, demonstrate, evaluate, and direct programs in the areas of physical fitness. The student will be exposed to different techniques and methodologies to develop and maintain a fitness program to meet the needs of their agency.
1. Must be in good physical condition and have no medical restrictions.
2. Must be able to pass all five (5) areas of the Physical Efficiency Battery (PEB) with a 40% score in each area.
3. Possess a valid CPR certification. Participants must bring their current CPR card (American Heart Association or American Red Cross).
Required Training Materials
- Legal Aspects of Exercise Admin
- Athletic Shoe Selection
- Introduction to Physical Techniques
- Lifestyle Management
- Physiological Principles of Exercise
- Cardiorespiratory Assessment
- Physical Efficiency Battery
- Orientation to PEB 2002
- Developing Fitness Progressions
- Basic Program Foundations
- Progressive Strength Training
- Physical Assessments and PEB Results
- Functional Anatomy
- Exercise Adherence
- Physical Testing Protocol
- Principals of Weight Management
- Exercise Considerations for Special Populations
- Exercise Alternatives
- Injury Prevention
Federal organization personnel should contact their agency training officer to register for training, email questions to FLETCAdmissions@fletc.dhs.gov or telephone 912-267-3344.
State, local and tribal officers requesting training should register online. If organizational support is required or you have additional needs, please email email@example.com or call us at 1-800-743-5382.
International (non-US) personnel should email FLETCfirstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 912-261-4023.
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 267-2087
Artesia: (575) 746-5962
Charleston: (843) 746-0865