The LEFCTP is designed to present the student with information concerning health and wellness, strength and conditioning, physical fitness assessment and testing protocol. The student will receive instruction in program design, basic anatomy, exercise physiology, exercise leadership, injury prevention, nutrition and basic strength movements. The different techniques and methodologies presented will help the fitness coordinator develop and maintain a fitness program to meet the needs of their agency.
1. Must be in good physical condition and have no medical restrictions.
2. Must be able to pass all five (5) areas of the Physical Efficiency Battery (PEB) with a 40% score in each area.
3. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification is recommended.
Required Training Materials
- Legal Aspects of Exercise Admin
- LEFCTP Comprehensive Practical Exercise
- Lifestyle Management
- General Physical Preparedness (GPP)
- Physical Efficiency Battery
- Developing Fitness Progressions
- Basic Program Foundations
- Progressive Strength Training
- Physical Assessments and PEB Results
- Functional Anatomy
- Exercise Adherence
- Physical Testing Protocol
- Principles of Weight Management
- Injury Prevention
- The Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers (FLETC) partner with numerous federal agencies to provide law enforcement training. If you are a member of one of these Participating Organizations, please contact your agency training officer for class availability. If your agency is not a partner organization of the FLETC and you are interested in attending a course, please contact us at FLETC Admissions. Class availability is limited for non-partner organizations.
- The FLETC supports our local law enforcement communities by providing training opportunities, onsite at FLETC campuses and exported to host locations across the United States. State, local and tribal officers can apply for this training at FLETC Application for Student Training (FAST).
- For more information on all training at FLETC, please contact us at FLETC Admissions.
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 280-5107
Artesia: (575) 746-5962