The Law Enforcement Control Tactics Instructor Training Program (LECTITP) is a physically demanding and intensive training program. The program provides instruction on techniques used in controlling compliant and non-compliant suspects, weapon recovery, arrest techniques, control tactics, edged weapons and intermediate weapons.
- Applicant must be a law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws.
- Must be in good physical condition with no medical restrictions.
- Must be able to participate in Intensive Training lasting up to 10 hours per day.
- Must be able to pass the Physical Efficiency Battery (PEB) with a 40% score. Passing the 1.5 mile run, agility test, bench press and flexibility are mandatory. Body composition is not counted.
Required Training Materials
Students are encouraged to bring personal duty gear but it is not required.
- Use of Force
- OleoResin Capsicum (OC) Spray
- Baton Control Techniques
- Edged Weapon Awareness
- Instructional Methodologies
- Introduction to Physical Techniques
- Physical Efficiency Battery
- Tactical Simulation Training
- Injury Prevention
- Arrest Techniques
- Defensive Tactics
- Striking and Close Quarter Defensive Tactics
Federal organization personnel should contact their agency training officer to register for training, email questions to FLETCAdmissions@fletc.dhs.gov or telephone 912-267-3344.
State, local and tribal officers requesting training should register online. If organizational support is required or you have additional needs, please email email@example.com or call us at 1-800-743-5382.
International (non-US) personnel should email FLETCfirstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 912-261-4023.
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 280-5221
Artesia: (575) 746-5962
Charleston: (843) 746-0865