The LECTITP is a physically demanding and intensive training program. The LECTITP is an instructor training program that provides foundational training to prepare new instructors to provide law enforcement training in the areas of arrest and control tactics and techniques, intermediate weapons, and defense against spontaneous attacks, including being assaulted with an edged weapon. This program also includes instruction on threat assessment and response, use of force and injury management and familiarization of electronic control devices.
Applicant must be a law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws.
Must be in good physical condition with no medical restrictions.
Must be able to participate in intensive training lasting up to 10 hours a day.
Must be able to pass the Physical Efficiency Battery (PEB) with a 40% score. Passing the 1.5 mile run, agility test, bench press and flexibility are mandatory. Body composition is not counted.
Required Training Materials
Students are also encouraged to bring their duty gear (duty belt with holster and magazine pouch). Red Guns will be provided.
- Use of Force
- Oleoresin Capsicum (OC) Spray
- Baton Control Techniques
- Introduction to Physical Techniques
- Physical Efficiency Battery
- Injury Prevention
- Control Tactics
- Federal organization personnel should contact their agency training officer to register for training. If you do not know your agency representative you may contact FLETC Admissions for assistance.
- Apply for state, local and tribal training. If organizational support is required or you have additional needs, contact FLETC Admissions
- International (non-US) personnel should email FLETCfirstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 912-261-4023.
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 267-3043
Artesia: (575) 746-5962