The Law Enforcement Advanced Driver Instructor Training Program (LEADITP) builds on curriculum presented in the FLETC Law Enforcement Driver Instructor Training Program (LEDITP) or other basic law enforcement driver training program and is designed to further develop an instructor's knowledge of driver training and to improve the student's ability to design, develop and validate training curriculum, driving ranges and evaluation standards. Emphasis is placed on advanced driving technique for High Center of Gravity Vehicles and the Precision Immobilization Technique (PIT).
1. Applicant must be a law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws or those designated Direct Law Enforcement Support Personnel (DLESP) and have assigned duties that require knowledge of the subject matter.
2. Students must be actively engaged in or expected to be assigned as a driver training instructor for their organization.
3. Students must have graduated from a recognized law enforcement driver instructor training program prior to applying for the LEADITP. (Also in class letter that is sent out in advance after students are registered. This responsibility is on the student and their agency. The FLETC does not require proof or submission of any certificate.)
4. Must be in good physical condition.
5. Must possess a valid driver's license and have knowledge of basic vehicle dynamics and law enforcement driving operations.
6. Must be a graduate of an instructor training program or provide certification from a commanding officer that requisite skills and experience in instruction are possessed.
Required Training Materials
- Police Vehicle Maintenance and Awareness
- Teaching Skid Control
- Risk and High Risk Vehicle Stops
- Range Design and Validation
- Pursuit Ideologies
- Instructing Pursuit Termination
- Instructing PIT
- High Center of Gravity Vehicles
- Instructing Advanced Handling and Technical Driving Skills
- Distracted Driving
- Federal organization personnel should contact their agency training officer to register for training, email questions to FLETCAdmissions@fletc.dhs.gov or telephone 912-267-3344.
- State, local and tribal officers requesting training should register online. If organizational support is required or you have additional needs, please email email@example.com or call us at 1-800-743-5382.
- International (non-US) personnel should email FLETCfirstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 912-261-4023.
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 267-3235