The Law Enforcement Advanced Driver Instructor Training Program (LEADITP) builds on curriculum presented in the FLETC Law Enforcement Driver Instructor Training Program (LEDITP) or other basic law enforcement driver training program and is designed to further develop an instructor's knowledge of driver training and to improve the student's ability to design, develop and validate training curriculum, driving ranges and evaluation standards. Emphasis is placed on advanced driving technique for High Center of Gravity Vehicles and the Precision Immobilization Technique (PIT).
Required Training Materials
- Cheltenham Students: You must bring appropriate training attire. Training uniforms are not provided.
- Police Vehicle Maintenance and Awareness
- Range Design and Validation
- Pursuit Ideologies
- Instructing Pursuit
- Instructing Pursuit Termination
- Instructing Precision Immobilization Technique
- High Center of Gravity Vehicles
- Supplemental Training
- Instructing Advanced Handling and Technical Driving Skills
- Distracted Driving
Federal organization personnel should contact their agency training officer to register for training, email questions to FLETCAdmissions@fletc.dhs.gov or telephone 912-267-3344.
State, local and tribal officers requesting training should register online. If organizational support is required or you have additional needs, please email email@example.com or call us at 1-800-743-5382.
International (non-US) personnel should email FLETCfirstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 912-261-4023.
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 267-3235
Artesia: (575) 746-5962
Cheltenham: (301) 877-8333