The International Banking and Money Laundering Training Program's (IBMLTP) primary focus is on the investigation of international money laundering and international financial investigations. The program includes a brief discussion of money laundering and related laws, including the Bank Secrecy Act and the Money Laundering Control Act. The program includes a discussion of the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (Fin CEN) as a resource in international investigations. Common methods of international money laundering are discussed. Traditional and non-traditional international banking is discussed as it relates to facilitating the movement of proceeds of criminal activity and terrorist financing. The program is interspersed with relevant case studies and class activities related to international money laundering and terrorist financing.
This program is open to investigators, auditors, analysts, attorneys, and individuals serving as direct law enforcement support personnel. Students should have a solid working knowledge of domestic money laundering methods or have attended the Money Laundering and Asset Forfeiture Training Program (MLAFTP).
Required Training Materials
- Terrorist Financing & Domestic Threat Financing
- Bank Secrecy Act - Title 31
- Money Laundering
- International Financial Investigations
- The Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers (FLETC) partner with numerous federal agencies to provide law enforcement training. If you are a member of one of these Participating Organizations, please contact your agency training officer for class availability. If your agency is not a partner organization of the FLETC and you are interested in attending a course, please contact us at FLETC Admissions. Class availability is limited for non-partner organizations.
- The FLETC supports our local law enforcement communities by providing training opportunities, onsite at FLETC campuses and exported to host locations across the United States. State, local and tribal officers can apply for this training at FLETC Application for Student Training (FAST).
- For more information on all training at FLETC, please contact us at FLETC Admissions.
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 267-3166
NOTE: For Export training programs only, the below forms must be completed and faxed to the Training Specialist at 912-267-2500.