The Inland Boat Operator Training (IBOT) program was developed to provide vessel operators the skills necessary to safely operate a public safety vessel in inland rivers and lakes.
- Applicant must be a law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws; or a public safety officials with marine law enforcement duties; or first responders that do not require offshore operations; or those designated Direct Law Enforcement Support Personnel (DLESP).
- Must be in good physical condition and capable of meeting established FLETC Physical Performance Requirements (PPRs).
Required Training Materials
• Motorboat Trailering
• Boarding Procedures
• Marlinspike Seamanship
• Safety and Emergency Equipment
• Preventive Maintenance
• Vessel Handling
• Navigation Rules
• Nautical Terminology
• Inland Piloting
• Electronic Navigation
• Maritime Search and Rescue
• Emergency Procedures
- The Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers (FLETC) partner with numerous federal agencies to provide law enforcement training. If you are a member of one of these Participating Organizations, please contact your agency training officer for class availability. If your agency is not a partner organization of the FLETC and you are interested in attending a course, please contact us at FLETC Admissions. Class availability is limited for non-partner organizations.
- The FLETC supports our local law enforcement communities by providing training opportunities, onsite at FLETC campuses and exported to host locations across the United States. State, local and tribal officers can apply for this training at FLETC Application for Student Training (FAST).
- For more information on all training at FLETC, please contact us at FLETC Admissions.
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 267-3235