The Foreign Affairs Counter Threat (FACT) training program is a general security awareness program designed to prepare personnel and adult family members from all backgrounds to live and work overseas while serving under the Department of State (DOS) Chief of Mission authority. The program is a student-centered approach to security awareness and situational response training which includes classroom sessions and practical applications culminating in final exercise scenarios.
The FACT students must be deploying for overseas under Chief of Mission authority.
Required Training Materials
- Introduction to Mission Planning
- Surviving Hostage Situations
- Improvised Explosive Devices-IED
- Organization of a Protective Detail
- Operational Planning
- Foreign Affairs Counter Threat Tactics
- Firearms Safety Rules & Regulations
- Weapons Descriptions
- AK-47 Familiarization
- Skid Control
- Vehicle Ambush Countermeasures
- Emergency Vehicle Operations Course (EVOC)
- Emergency Procedures
- Tactical Medical
- Lifestyle Management
- Control Tactics
- Federal organization personnel should contact their agency training officer to register for training. If you do not know your agency representative you may contact FLETC Admissions for assistance.
- Apply for state, local and tribal training. If organizational support is required or you have additional needs, contact FLETC Admissions
- International (non-US) personnel should email FLETCemail@example.com or telephone 912-261-4023.
Program Contact Info