The Crime Scene Investigators Training Program (CSITP) is a seven-week advanced forensics technical program built in response to the specialized training requirements of military criminal investigative organizations’ forensic science agents. In this program, students will receive comprehensive and specialized training in the application of forensic science to crime scene investigations. Students will learn and demonstrate proficiency in crime scene management and processing; crime scene and evidence documentation; advanced latent print, impression, trace and biological evidence development; shooting scene reconstruction; bloodstain pattern recognition and documentation; fire scene investigation; post-blast crime scene processing; recovery of subsurface remains and entomology collection; and expert witness testimony.
1. Applicant must be a law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal law.
2. Applicant must have successfully completed a basic criminal investigation training program.
3. Applicant must have field experience investigating a variety of complex criminal offenses and crime scenes.
4. Applicant must currently perform or have been selected to perform as their primary duty specialized and full-time forensic science support to criminal investigations.
Required Training Materials
- Courtroom Testimony
- Bloodstain Pattern Analysis and Interpretation
- Role of Physical Evidence in Criminal Investigations
- Crime Scene Management
- Crime Scene Documentation
- Trace and Biological Evidence
- Impression Evidence
- Wound Analysis
- Post-Blast Crime Scene Processing
- Forensic Expert Qualification
- Fire Scene Investigation
- Digital Imaging
- Skeletal Remains Identification
- The Human Body as a Crime Scene
- Latent Print Development
- Advanced Crime Scene Photography
- Forensic Light Applications
- Advanced Latent Print Development
- Crime Scene Diagramming Software
- Shooting Scene Documentation
- Death Investigations
- Recovery of Human Remains and Forensic Entomology
- Improvised Explosive Devices-IED
Program Contact Info