The Covert Electronic Tracking Program (CETP) is designed to give agents/officers the necessary skills to operate, install, and analyze information using the latest GPS technology and field applications. Each student will use GPS equipment to allow them the opportunity to learn how to use this technology and practice installation techniques using a wide variety of vehicle types and locations. Students will demonstrate their comprehension of the material and techniques taught in this course through a variety of field exercises with professional role players as targeted individuals. Special training will be included on live tracking of a target vehicle.
- Applicant must be a law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws; Direct Law Enforcement Support Personnel (DLESP); or employees of a federal, state, local, tribal or international agency who perform functions directly related to a law enforcement or Department of Homeland Security (DHS) mission but do not necessarily have the authority to carry and use firearms, make arrests and/or conduct searches with or without a warrant. This category of personnel may also include military personnel preparing for deployment. This program is part of the FLETC's Cybercrime Track (FCT) or the Electronic Surveillance (ELSUR) Track. By entering FCT or ELSUR into the search window, other related Cyber Division programs can be found.
Required Training Materials
- Electronic Law and Evidence
- GPS Tracking Operations
- GPs Tracking PE
- The Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers (FLETC) partner with numerous federal agencies to provide law enforcement training. If you are a member of one of these Participating Organizations, please contact your agency training officer for class availability. If your agency is not a partner organization of the FLETC and you are interested in attending a course, please contact us at FLETC Admissions. Class availability is limited for non-partner organizations.
- The FLETC supports our local law enforcement communities by providing training opportunities, onsite at FLETC campuses and exported to host locations across the United States. State, local and tribal officers can apply for this training at FLETC Application for Student Training (FAST).
- For more information on all training at FLETC, please contact us at FLETC Admissions.
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 267-2485