The Covert Electronic Surveillance Program (CESP) is designed for the intermediate to advanced skill level student whose full time or collateral duties include technical operations. Equipment and operational techniques are continuously upgraded to provide the most effective methods using audio and video digital recording devices for the purposes of consensual monitoring. Extensive laboratory applications and hands-on training using various types of audio and video surveillance devices is emphasized.
Students are taught how to plan for and conduct technical surveillance operations and how to build covert audio and video concealments. Students will demonstrate their comprehension of the material and techniques taught in this course through a variety of field exercises with professional role players as targeted individuals. This program has been approved by the National Technical Investigators Association (NATIA) as meeting the requirements necessary for training and professional development towards certification as a technical investigator.
- Applicant must be a law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws or law enforcement support personnel whose primary or secondary duties include working in the technical surveillance.
- Must have the approval of their respective agency.
- Must be attending the training on agency time.
Required Training Materials
- Electronic Law and Evidence
- Covert Electronic Surveillance
- Covert Electronic Surveillance Part 2
- Final Covert Electronic Surveillance P.E.
Federal organization personnel should contact their agency training officer to register for training, email questions to FLETCAdmissions@fletc.dhs.gov or telephone 912-267-3344.
State, local and tribal officers requesting training should register online. If organizational support is required or you have additional needs, please email email@example.com or call us at 1-800-743-5382.
International (non-US) personnel should email FLETCfirstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 912-261-4023.
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 267-2702