The Covert Electronic Surveillance Program (CESP) is designed for the entry skill level student whose full time or collateral duties include technical equipment used in investigations or operations. Equipment and operational techniques are continuously upgraded to provide the most effective methods using digital audio and video recording devices for the purposes of consensual monitoring. Extensive laboratory applications and hands-on training using various types of audio and video surveillance devices is emphasized. Students are taught how to plan for and conduct technical surveillance operations and how to build covert audio and video concealments. Students will demonstrate their comprehension of the material and techniques taught in this course through a variety of field exercises with professional role players as targeted individuals. This program has been approved by the National Technical Investigators Association (NATIA) as meeting the requirements necessary for training and professional development towards certification as a technical investigator.
Applicant must be a law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws; Direct Law Enforcement Support Personnel (DLESP); or employees of a federal, state, local, tribal or international agency who perform functions directly related to a law enforcement or Department of Homeland Security (DHS) mission but do not necessarily have the authority to carry and use firearms, make arrests and/or conduct searches with or without a warrant. This category of personnel may also include military personnel preparing for deployment. This program is part of the FLETC's Cybercrime Track (FCT) or the Electronic Surveillance (ELSUR) Track. By entering FCT or ELSUR into the search window, other related Cyber Division programs can be found.
Required Training Materials
- Electronic Law and Evidence
- Covert Electronic Surveillance
- Covert Electronic Surveillance Part 2
- Final Covert Electronic Surveillance P.E.
- Federal organization personnel should contact their agency training officer to register for training. If you do not know your agency representative you may contact: FLETCAdmissions@fletc.dhs.gov for assistance.
- State, local and tribal officers requesting training should apply online. If organizational support is required or you have additional needs, please email FLETCAdmissions@fletc.dhs.gov
- International (non-US) personnel should email FLETCemail@example.com or telephone 912-261-4023.
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 267-2702