The Commercial Vessel Boarding Training Program (CVBTP) was designed to provide extensive hands-on training in the boarding and searching of High Interest Vessels (HIV's). Students will board a 494' break-bulk freighter, conduct interviews, search compartments, identify void areas and confined spaces. During the Practical Exercise phase, students will conduct an “Underway-High Risk Vessel” boarding and search of a 65’ vessel in open water. This program was designed for military, federal, state and local law enforcement officers, and Port Authority personnel who board and search commercial vessels.
- Applicant must be a law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws.
- Must be in good physical condition with no medical restrictions.
Required Training Materials
- Officer Survival Afloat
- Boarding Lab
- Pre-Boarding Procedures
- Boarding Procedures
- Commercial Vessel Familiarization
- Maritime Vessel Documentation Identification
- Culmination Boarding Practical Exercise
Program Contact Info
Charleston: (843) 566-8579