The Basic Tactics Instructor Training Program (BTITP) is designed to train the student to be a field training agent or officer by providing them with high quality training and instilling the analytical knowledge, skills and aptitudes needed for the highest proficiency in this specialized field. The program takes Basic Tactics Training to the next level by emphasizing leadership, teach backs, and adult learning as well as the traditional technical skills needed by field training officers and special agents. This program is an intensive training program that covers a variety of tactical subject matters to include: tactical transitions and priorities, contingency planning and situational response. The program focuses on the role of the field trainer and emphasizes evaluation skills and documentation requirements.
- Applicant must be a law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws.
- Applicants can be a member of the military that has law enforcement responsibilities or in preparation for deployment.
- Must be able to participate in intensive training lasting up to ten hours per day.
- Must not have any medical restrictions.
Required Training Materials
- Camelback or other means of hydration
- Appropriate wear (e.g., BDUs, agency t-shirt, boots, etc.)
- Bug spray
- In-Service Development for Tactics
- Legal Issues for Tactics Instructors
- Use of Force
- Introduction to Officer Safety & Survival
- Basic Tactics
- Instructor Techniques for Non-Lethal Training Ammunition
- Federal organization personnel should contact their agency training officer to register for training. If you do not know your agency representative you may contact FLETC Admissions for assistance.
- Apply for state, local and tribal training. If organizational support is required or you have additional needs, contact FLETC Admissions
- International (non-US) personnel should email FLETCemail@example.com or telephone 912-261-4023.
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 267-2599
Artesia: (575) 746-5962