The Advanced Interviewing for Law Enforcement Investigators Training Program - Modified (AILEITP_M) is designed provide the students with an arsenal of methods and skills to use during the course of various interview and interrogation situations they will face on a daily basis. This training program will teach students how to obtain information effectively through various interview and interrogation methods, techniques and theory. The student will learn the advantages of effective verbal and non-verbal communication as well as ways to detect deception through verbal and non-verbal observations of others. Interview and interrogation theories will be presented along with various techniques of approaching different types of interview situations. These skills will help the students prepare for their real world cases.
- Applicant must be a law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony criminal laws who conducts criminal investigations.
- Employees of a federal, state, local, tribal or international agency who perform functions directly related to a law enforcement organization or Department of Homeland Security (DHS) mission; regulatory investigators or regulatory inspectors may also find this material beneficial and may attend the program.
- Must have a minimum of two years law enforcement field experience actually conducting criminal/civil investigations or three years of experience performing functions directly related to a law enforcement organization or the DHS mission.
Required Training Materials
- Cognitive Interview
- Interviewing Strength and Weakness Forum
- Theories and Methods of Interrogations
- Components of Advanced Rapport Strategies
- Question Types to Elicit Admissions
- Addressing and Mitigating Denials
- Countering Interviewee Questions
- Advanced Evidence and Theme Presentation
- Interrogation Case Study
- Subject Elimination Interviews
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 267-2846
Artesia: (575) 746-5962