The Advanced Instruction for Marksmanship (AIM) is designed to meet the need for a higher-level continuing education plan for seasoned firearms instructors. The program focuses on philosophies and techniques for effective coaching of firearms skill. An AIM graduate can expect to improve on problem identification and the ability to implement strategies for enhancing shooting skill at all proficiency levels.
- Applicant must be a Direct Law Enforcement Support Personnel (DLESP).
- Must have graduated from a firearms instructor training school presented by such organizations as the FLETC, NRA, FBI/DEA, USSS or equivalent.
- Must be in good physical condition with no medical restrictions.
- Must be actively engaged in firearms training.
- Must be an agency-designated firearms instructor.
Required Training Materials
- Cheltenham students must bring proper range attire.
- All students must bring issued semi-automatic pistol, duty belt with holster (no trigger finger manipulation, cross-draw or thigh holsters), and a minimum of 3 magazines. Ammunition and range safety equipment will be provided.
- FLETC Practical Pistol Course (FLETC PPC)
- Off-Range Firearms Safety - FITP
- Firearms Safety Briefing
- Coaching Principles
- Teaching and Coaching Firearms Skills
- Shooter Analysis and Corrections
- Firearms Course Development
- Introduction to Ballistics
- Equipment and Technology Update
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 554-4321
Charleston: (843) 746-0865
Cheltenham: (301) 877-8438