The Active Shooter Threat Training Program (ASTTP) is designed to provide the student with the knowledge and skills to successfully handle an active threat event. This program will provide the student with the proficiency and aptitude through hands on training to manage these situations. The program takes Active Shooter Threat Tactics Training to the next level utilizing dynamic interactive drills and scenario based training. This program is an intensive training program that covers a variety of tactical subject matters to include: individual and team movement and operational formation. In addition, this program focuses on the role and responsibilities of the responding officers.
- Applicant must be a law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws.
- Applicants can be a member of the military that has law enforcement responsibilities or in preparation for deployment.
- Must be able to participate in intensive training lasting up to ten hours per day.
- Must not have any medical restrictions.
Required Training Materials
- Camelback or other means of hydration
- Appropriate wear (BDU, agency t-shirt (long sleeve or short sleeve), boots, etc.)
- Bug spray
- Active Threat Response Tactics
- Basic Tactics
- Tactical Medical
Federal organization personnel should contact their agency training officer to register for training, email questions to FLETCAdmissions@fletc.dhs.gov or telephone 912-267-3344.
State, local and tribal officers requesting training should register online. If organizational support is required or you have additional needs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-800-743-5382.
International (non-US) personnel should email FLETCemail@example.com or telephone 912-261-4023.
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 267-2599
Charleston: (843) 746-0865
Cheltenham: (301) 877-8436
Artesia: (575) 746-5962