The ASTTP is a dynamic, hands-on training program designed to equip law enforcement officers and agents with the knowledge and skills required to successfully end an active threat event. The ASTTP will prepare students to employ Active Shooter Threat Tactics through dynamic, interactive drills and scenario based training. This intensive and challenging program covers a variety of tactical subjects for responding officers including: Single Officer Response Tactics, Limited Penetration Tactics, Tactical Medical Training, Multiple Officer Response and Link-Up Procedures, Response to an Explosive Hazard, and Post Shooting Considerations. Candidates will be evaluated on their ability to perform skills and tactics in the role of a responding officer during a practical exercise.
Applicant must be a law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws.
Applicants can be a member of the military that has law enforcement responsibilities or in preparation for deployment.
Must be able to participate in intensive training lasting up to ten hours per day.
Must be in good physical condition with no medical restrictions.
Required Training Materials
- Appropriate wear (BDU, agency t-shirt (long sleeve or short sleeve), boots, etc.).
- Active Threat Response Tactics
- Basic Tactics
- Tactical Medical
- Federal organization personnel should contact their agency training officer to register for training. If you do not know your agency representative you may contact FLETC Admissions for assistance.
- Apply for state, local and tribal training. If organizational support is required or you have additional needs, contact FLETC Admissions
- International (non-US) personnel should email FLETCemail@example.com or telephone 912-261-4023.
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 267-2599
Charleston: (843) 746-0865
Cheltenham: (301) 877-8436
Artesia: (575) 746-5962