The Active Shooter Threat Instructor Training Program (ASTITP) is designed to provide a field training agent or officer with high quality training and instilling the analytical knowledge, skills and aptitudes needed for the highest proficiency in this specialized field. The program takes active shooter threat tactics training to the next level by emphasizing leadership, teach backs, and adult learning as well as the traditional technical skills needed by field training officers and special agents. This program is an intensive training program that covers a variety of tactical subject matters to include individual and multiple officer response. This program is not designed to train specialty or SWAT team movement or tactics. In addition, this program focuses on the role of the field trainer and emphasizes evaluation skills and documentation requirements.
- Applicant must be a law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws.
- Applicants can be a member of the military that has law enforcement responsibilities or in preparation for deployment.
- Must be able to participate in intensive training lasting up to ten hours per day.
- Must not have any medical restrictions.
Required Training Materials
- Appropriate wear (BDU, agency t-shirt (long sleeve or short sleeve), boots, etc.)
- Active Threat Response Tactics
- Basic Tactics
- In-Service Development for Tactics
- Federal organization personnel should contact their agency training officer to register for training. If you do not know your agency representative you may contact FLETC Admissions for assistance.
- Apply for state, local and tribal training. If organizational support is required or you have additional needs, contact FLETC Admissions
- International (non-US) personnel should email FLETCfirstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 912-261-4023.
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 267-2599
Charleston: (843) 746-0865
Cheltenham: (301) 877-8441
Artesia: (575) 746-5962