Charleston Assigned Housing
- Check-in time for lodging (dormitories) is on a 24-hour basis, 7 days per week. Note: During high student count periods, assigned rooms may not be available until 3:00 p.m.
- The following items are provided by FLETC: alarm clock, iron, ironing board, small refrigerator, towels, wash cloths, bar soap, toilet paper, sheets, pillow(s) with case(s), blanket, bed spread and color television with satellite service. Personal care items not listed are the responsibility of the student. It is also the responsibility of the student to launder FLETC issues uniforms and personal clothing. Plan to bring or purchase laundry detergent, bleach and/or softener. There are ample washers and dryers located throughout the facility. Clean towel, sheets, etc., are provided by maid service.
- Dormitories are centrally heated and air-conditioned.
- No pets allowed.
- Dormitory rooms cannot be reserved in advance. The FLETC is a smoke-free facility, thus smoking is not permitted inside any facility. Dormitory rooms are for student use only; there are no facilities for spouses, families, etc.
- ADA Accessible Rooms are available. Requests for these rooms must be made in advance through your training representative.
- There are phones located in the lounge areas. None are available in dorm rooms.
- Lounges are equipped with color televisions with satellite service, along with a DVD player.
Off-Center Contract Housing
- Housing for incoming students is secured by the Contracting Officer (CO). Location of the assigned housing is NOT released prior to the student’s arrival due to security/safety purposes; the student will be notified at check-in at the Visitor’s Control Center (VCC).
- Hotel Check-in time: No earlier than 3:00 p.m., unless room availability exists.
- Hotel-Check-out time: No later than 12:00 p.m., unless other arrangements have been made with the property.
- No pets allowed.
- Each property will have their own amenities.
- The Federal Acquisition Regulations apply relative to contract services; housing assignments may change prior to the class start date. While in training status, if the student is accompanied by others and is housed in Contract Housing, the desk clerk must be notified. Costs not covered by the FLETC contract are the responsibility of the student and are payable at check-out.
- If a student uses housing other than assigned by FLETC, the costs incurred for the accommodations will be the responsibility of the student and not reimbursable by their agency. The student will be notified to utilize the housing assigned by FLETC. Do not contact any Off-Center contract housing property prior to arrival or attempt to make housing arrangements on your own. If you have questions, please contact your training officer.
- Should difficulties arise while housed in a FLETC contract hotel-property, the initial notification of the difficulty or complaint should be communicated to the hotel management. If resolution by the hotel management does not take place within a reasonable period of time, the problem should be documented with complaints specified. These comments must be submitted in a timely manner via the class coordinator.
- Students must NOT pay the hotel directly. Housing charges are reimbursed by the employing agency.
- Costs incurred by the use of Off-Center contract housing telephones are the responsibility of the student. Telephone charges are not part of the housing costs that are paid by your employing agency.