The Seaport Security Antiterrorism Training Program (SSATP) is specifically designed to meet security needs of Port Security personnel. Security at most seaports is accomplished by a cooperative effort of Federal, State, and Local law enforcement agencies. This program was developed to include all jurisdictions involved at the seaport and to address the needs of the personnel charged with safety and security functions. This unique program offers port and landside facility inspections created to harden layered seaport security and protect against acts of terrorism. The SSATP is conducted as a center advanced training program and is offered to law enforcement, military, and port authority personnel.
Applicant must be a law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws or Port Security personnel responsible for safety and security functions.
Required Training Materials
- Improvised Explosive Devices-IED
- Partnership Models and Information sharing in CI/KR
- Weapons of Mass Destruction Student Exercise #4
- Physical Security for the Maritime Environment
- Maritime Terrorism Case Study - USS Cole
- Small Vessel Threat
- Countermeasures & Technology Familiarization
- Contingency Planning-Incident Response
- Intro to Seaport Operations
- Maritime Piracy & Crimes
- Underwater Threats
- Seaport Facility Inspection
- Seaport Facility Inspection Practical Exercise
- Seaport Facility Inspection Lab 1
- Overview of Critical Infrastructure Protection
- ISPS Codes
- The Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers (FLETC) partner with numerous federal agencies to provide law enforcement training. If you are a member of one of these Participating Organizations, please contact your agency training officer for class availability. If your agency is not a partner organization of the FLETC and you are interested in attending a course, please contact us to request placement on our Wait List.
- The FLETC State, Local and Tribal Division (SLTD) supports our local law enforcement communities by providing training opportunities, onsite at FLETC campuses and exported to hosts, through the FLETC Application for Student Training (FAST) online application site at FLETC.gov/FAST.
- For more information on all training at FLETC, please contact us at FLETCAdmissions@FLETC.DHS.GOV or 800-743-5382.
Program Contact Info
Charleston: (843) 566-8579