This Summit provides attendees with a participant focused opportunity to learn and discuss strategies intended to prevent acts of violence in our nations’ schools. Emphasis will be placed on Social Media, Physical Security and Threat Assessment/Threat Management. The strategies discussed will apply to all types of educational infrastructure (K-12 and College/University). Speakers representing state, local and federal law enforcement, and the private sector, will share lessons learned and best practices.
- MAX SCHACTER, Safe Schools for Alex
- CHIEF MIKE DORN (Ret.), Safe Havens International
- ROD ELLIS, Chief Glynn County BOE Police
- Lt. KERBY YOUNG, Pennsylvania State Police
- SAC KEVIN RICE (Ret.), University of Iowa
- Capt. JOHN SPOOR (Ret.), Pinellas County S.O.
- FLETC Counterterrorism Division (CTD)
- FLETC Cyber Division (CYD)
A list of current programs, class locations, prerequisites, estimated costs, and dates can
all be viewed online. Click the course date and location for more information!
Search the FLETC Training Catalog now for course information at:
Register for training at:
Scroll down and click on “School Safety Summit” - G_VO_SS_CTD-2201