The Protective Detail Refresher (PDR), formerly the Protective Service Operations In-Service Training Program (PSOITP), is designed to refresh those specialized skills for personnel who conduct Protective Service Operations.
Emphasis is placed on attendees performing hands-on practical training to include motorcade tactics, evasive driving, formations, survival shooting and cover and evacuation drills. This is not an entry level PSO course and attendees should possess a basic understanding of Protective Service Operations and/or actively work within a protective detail.
Applicant must be a law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws having protective service operations responsibilities or serving in a training position where knowledge of the subject matter is required.
Required Training Materials
- Duty handgun
- Magazine pouch
- Concealment garment (i.e., coat, jacket).
Cheltenham Students: In addition to the above, you must bring appropriate training attire. Training uniforms are not provided.
- PSO Formations
- Motorcade Formations, Arrivals & Departures
- PSO Advances
- Fundamentals of Reactive Shooting
- Multiple Threat & Counter Ambush Engagement Techniques
- Skid Control
- Motorcade Tactics
- Advanced Vehicle Handling Skills
- High Center of Gravity Vehicles
- Vehicle Ambush Countermeasures
- Tactical Medical
- Tactics for Flying Armed Training Program
- TSA Regulations: Flying Armed
- Firearms Safety Briefing
- Federal organization personnel should contact their agency training officer to register for training. If you do not know your agency representative you may contact: FLETCAdmissions@fletc.dhs.gov for assistance.
- State, local and tribal officers requesting training should apply online. If organizational support is required or you have additional needs, please email FLETCAdmissions@fletc.dhs.gov
- International (non-US) personnel should email FLETCfirstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 912-261-4023.
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 554-4738
Cheltenham: (301) 877-8452