The Protective Detail Refresher (PDR) is designed to review the specialized skills of officers/agents who conduct protective service operations for cabinet level and/or other government officials who are, or may become targets of terrorism and/or criminal acts. Emphasis is placed on; motorcade tactics, formations, live fire engagements, tactical medical and counter ambush techniques.
- The applicant must be a law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of Federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws.
- The applicant must have prior protective service operations training and have experience serving on a protective detail assignment.
- Applicant must be current with their agency’s weapons qualifications policy.
- Applicant must possess a valid driver’s license.
Required Training Materials
Students must bring duty handgun, magazines, holster, magazine pouch, and concealment garment (i.e., coat, jacket). Cheltenham students must bring appropriate training attire. Training uniforms are not provided.
- Aircraft Counter Measures
- PSO Formations
- Motorcade Formations, Arrivals & Departures
- PSO Advances
- Live Fire Engagement Techniques for Protective Services Operations
- Skid Control
- Motorcade Tactics
- High Center of Gravity Vehicles
- Vehicle Ambush Countermeasures
- Tactical Medical
- Firearms Safety Briefing
- The Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers (FLETC) partner with numerous federal agencies to provide law enforcement training. If you are a member of one of these Participating Organizations, please contact your agency training officer for class availability. If your agency is not a partner organization of the FLETC and you are interested in attending a course, please contact us at FLETC Admissions. Class availability is limited for non-partner organizations.
- The FLETC supports our local law enforcement communities by providing training opportunities, onsite at FLETC campuses and exported to host locations across the United States. State, local and tribal officers can apply for this training at FLETC Application for Student Training (FAST).
- For more information on all training at FLETC, please contact us at FLETC Admissions.
Program Contact Info