Although we continue to prepare for the arrival of Hurricane Dorian, the following information regarding the FLETC-Glynco and FLETC-Charleston training schedules is provided for planning purposes:
- All training scheduled for the week of September 3-6, 2019, at both FLETC-Glynco and FLETC-Charleston is cancelled.
- The Training Resources Coordination (TRC) Division will coordinate with impacted agencies to re-schedule all cancelled basic training courses cancelled this week. Our priority will be to get all classes currently in session back on the schedule.
- For the week of September 9, 2019, all Center and Agency advanced training, to include export training from both Glynco and Charleston, is cancelled.
- CITP-1938Y and UPTP-1918, classes that are scheduled to begin at FLETC-Glynco the week of September 9, 2019, will remain on the schedule at this time. However, the impacts of Hurricane Dorian may require that we re-schedule those two programs. FLETC will make and communicate a final decision in that regard no later than Friday, September 6, 2019.
- For all other classes scheduled to begin next week, TRC will coordinate the status of specific classes with appropriate participating organization representatives.
As a reminder - please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the evacuation location of your class/students. This assists TRC in determining how quickly they can re-constitute a class, so your assistance is critical.
As with all planning, the impacts of Hurricane Dorian remain uncertain, and the forecast subject to sudden change. The training schedule outlined above is based on our best understanding of the situation, as it exists at this moment. Please check back frequently to ensure you have the latest information on the storm and our way forward.
Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers
Protocol & Communications Office