Hurricane Dorian Update
As of Thursday, August 29, 2019, at 4 p.m.
The Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers (FLETC) may have impacts due to Hurricane Dorian. Glynn County (Georgia) Emergency Management Agency (GCEMC) issued a Coastal Flood Advisory. Depending on the track of the storm, the local area may receive 2-4 inches of rain. In addition, the GCEMC noted the potential for high storm surge due to the already high tide.
Although it is still too early in predicting the storm’s track for FLETC to make a decision regarding operations, FLETC is maintaining regular communications with both participating organizations and staff.
At this time, it is too soon to determine the appropriate HR flexibilities. Employees should make sure any items in their refrigerators are removed and electrical items unplugged, before leaving for the weekend. Please visit the Hurricane communications and telework considerations page on FLETC.gov for links and IT instructions on teleworking. The following is planning guidance for employees and supervisors.
- Ensure your supervisor has your current contact information.
- Employees on preapproved leave should continue to be charged leave until the date they were scheduled to return to duty.
- Employees on 100% telework are expected to work unless their telework location is required to evacuate.
- Employees should be prepared to telework
- If there is a telework agreement in place at the time telework is needed,
- There is connectivity at the alternative worksite with equipment commensurate with work needs,
- The work to be accomplished was previously determined as telework eligible work.
FLETC will use Emergency Notification System (ENS) to provide emergency information regarding the storm. Please make sure your information in the ENS is current, if not please have your Directorate’s ENS administrator update.
We will continue to monitor and provide updates, as needed, on the internet, social media, the FLETC mobile app, and the FLETC 1-800 number (see list below). Please check back frequently to ensure you have the latest information.
- Hurricane Communications and Telework Considerations
- 1-800-79FLETC or 1-800-793-5382
- FLETC.gov – Main Page under Hurricane Dorian Updates
- Twitter - @FLETC/ https://twitter.com/FLETC
- Facebook – FLETC Headquarters/ http://www.facebook.com/fletc
- Instagram – FLETC/ https://www.instagram.com/fletc/
- FLETC Mobile App – available at the Apple Store and Google Play
Stay tuned to your local TV stations and radios for additional storm updates.
Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers
Protocol & Communications Office