The Law Enforcement Supervisors Leadership Training Program (LESLTP) provides a unique opportunity for law enforcement professionals to develop and refine their leadership skills.
The program focuses heavily on human capital development disciplines and their interaction with the law enforcement mission and culture. Topical areas include leadership skills through understanding and adapting to human
behaviors, communication skills, team building, conflict management, human resource management, legal responsibilities, stress management, workplace diversity, performance skills, public speaking and situational decision-making skills. Taking into consideration life and work experience, participants will explore these topics and develop skills by means of an adult learning model that employs lecture, practical exercises, case studies and self-directed learning.
Applicant must be a Law Enforcement Officer/Agent or law enforcement support personnel employed by a federal, state, local, or tribal agency or department who have first-line supervisory responsibilities or who are preparing for advancement to a supervisory position.
Required Training Materials
- DISC- Understanding Human Behavior
- Public Speaking and Briefing Skills
- Introduction to PowerPoint
- Stress in a Law Enforcement Culture
- Belief Systems and Motivators
- Leadership & Performance in Law Enforcement
- Conflict Management for Law Enforcement Supervisors
- Proactive Leadership Strategies
- Case Study Review
- Managing the Federal Employee Discipline & Performance Process
- Ethical Behavior and Conduct for Supervisors
- Managing Organizational Change
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 267-3025