The Law Enforcement Instructor Training Program (LEITP) is designed to provide training in law enforcement instructional skills focused on curriculum development and delivery. Students are required to develop two lesson plans for delivery during the program. One of the lesson plans will be used to deliver a 50-minute practical exercise designed to evaluate the ability to instruct from a lesson plan that the student has developed. The LEITP incorporates a variety of instructional methodologies including participative lecture, student-centered activities, demonstrations, role-plays, and laboratories. The LEITP is a Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers (FLETC) Center Basic (CB) training program.
- Be employed in a law enforcement or law enforcement related position and assigned duties that require knowledge of the subject matter.
- Be actively engaged or assigned as a law enforcement instructor for your organization.
Note: If you do not require training in curriculum development or are not teaching law enforcement topics, please consider attending the one-week Law Enforcement Instructional Skills Training Program (LEISTP).
Required Training Materials
Student will be issued all required materials.
- Principles of Adult Learning
- Presentation Skills
- Student-Centered Learning
- Instructional Systems Design
- Performance Objectives Development
- Testing and Assessment
- Training Tools
- Lesson Plan Development
- Instructional Methodologies
- Introduction to Presentation Graphics (PPT)
- Student Centered Feedback Model and Feedback Errors
- Instructor Roles and Responsibilities and Classroom Management Issues
- 15, 30 & 50-minute Presentations
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 280-5365
Artesia: (575) 746-5622
Charleston: (843) 566-8568
Cheltenham: (301) 877-8343
State and Local: (912) 261-4566