The Law Enforcement Instructor Training Program (LEITP) is designed to provide training in law enforcement instructional skills focused on curriculum development and delivery. Students are required to develop two lesson plans for delivery during the program. One of the lesson plans will be used to deliver a 50 minute practical exercise designed to evaluate your ability to instruct from a lesson plan that you have developed. The LEITP incorporates a variety of instructional methodologies including participative lecture, student-centered learning, demonstrations, role-plays, and presentation laboratories. The program provides students an introduction to presentation skills and curriculum development. The LEITP is a Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers (FLETC) Center Basic (CB) training program.
- Be employed in a law enforcement or law enforcement related position and have been assigned duties that require knowledge of the subject matter.
- Be actively engaged in, or expected to be assigned as, a law enforcement instructor for your organization.
** Note: If you do not require training in curriculum development, please consider attending the (one week) Law Enforcement Instructional Skills Training Program (LEISTP).
Required Training Materials
Student will be issued all required materials.
- Ethical Issues in Law Enforcement Training
- Principles of Adult Learning
- Presentation Skills
- Student-Centered Learning
- Instructional Systems Design for Law Enforcement
- Performance Objectives Development
- Testing and Assessment
- Training Tools and Technology
- Lesson Plan Development
- Instructional Methodologies
- Introduction to Presentation Graphics
- Evaluating Laboratories and Practical Exercises
- Classroom Management Issues
- Exam – Must score 70% or above
- 7-10, 30 & 50 Minute Presentations
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 280-5365
Artesia: (575) 746-5622
Charleston: (843) 566-8568
Cheltenham: (301) 877-8343
State and Local: (912) 261-4566