The LEFCTP is designed to present the student with information concerning health and wellness, strength and conditioning, physical fitness assessment and testing protocol. The student will receive instruction in program design, basic anatomy, exercise physiology, exercise leadership, injury prevention, nutrition and basic strength movements. The different techniques and methodologies presented will help the fitness coordinator develop and maintain a fitness program to meet the needs of their agency.
1. Must be in good physical condition and have no medical restrictions.
2. Must be able to pass all five (5) areas of the Physical Efficiency Battery (PEB) with a 40% score in each area.
3. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification is recommended.
Required Training Materials
- Legal Aspects of Exercise Admin
- LEFCTP Comprehensive Practical Exercise
- Lifestyle Management
- General Physical Preparedness (GPP)
- Physical Efficiency Battery
- Developing Fitness Progressions
- Basic Program Foundations
- Progressive Strength Training
- Physical Assessments and PEB Results
- Functional Anatomy
- Exercise Adherence
- Physical Testing Protocol
- Principles of Weight Management
- Injury Prevention
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 280-3334
Artesia: (575) 746-5860
State and Local: (912) 261-4566