The LECTRTP is designed to refresh and update students who have successfully completed the Law Enforcement Control Tactics Instructor Training Program. Upon completion of the program, the students will be able to incorporate the changes to their agency’s in-service training program.
- Applicant must be a law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws.
- Must be in good physical condition with no medical restrictions.
- Must have attended and completed LECTITP.
Required Training Materials
Students must bring proper clothing for defensive tactics (e.g., BDU pants, t-shirt or compatible clothing). Students are also encouraged to bring their duty gear (duty belt with holster and magazine pouch). Red Guns will be provided.
- Use of Force
- Oleoresin Capsicum (OC) Spray
- Baton Control Techniques
- Control Tactics
- Instructor Methodologies for Control Tactics Skills
- Electronic Control Devices
- The Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers (FLETC) partner with numerous federal agencies to provide law enforcement training. If you are a member of one of these Participating Organizations, please contact your agency training officer for class availability. If your agency is not a partner organization of the FLETC and you are interested in attending a course, please contact us at FLETC Admissions. Class availability is limited for non-partner organizations.
- The FLETC supports our local law enforcement communities by providing training opportunities, onsite at FLETC campuses and exported to host locations across the United States. State, local and tribal officers can apply for this training at FLETC Application for Student Training (FAST).
- For more information on all training at FLETC, please contact us at FLETC Admissions.
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 267-2823
Artesia: (575) 746-5962