CISM Services at FLETC
Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) provides various confidential and free services. These services are available exclusively for FLETC and Partner Organization staff, students and families at all sites. Click on a program title, a particular service or topic of interest to learn more. The CISM brochure provides an easy reference for staff and students.
During regular business hours, call (912) 267-2633 or if you find yourself in need of immediate assistance after regular business hours, call our 24 hr. Support Line: 1.877.235.7337 to reach an on-call crisis counselor.
Professional support services are provided by trained and licensed FLETC staff. Additional support services are provided by certified volunteers (peer supporters and chaplains).
Service programs within CISM:
- Employee Assistance Program (FLETC staff only)
- Traumatic Incident Management Program
- Peer Support Program
- Spiritual Care and Volunteer Chaplaincy Program
Services provided by CISM:
- Crisis intervention for individuals or groups
- Traumatic incident reduction
- General stress management
- Treatment referrals for various types of addiction
- Referrals for financial and legal counseling
- and more...
Topics covered by CISM:
- Uncontrollable anxiety or worry; test anxiety
- Continuous sadness or depression
- Work related stress and increased pressure
- Relationship and family stress
- Grieving unexpected loss
- Caring for elderly/aging parent
- Financial stress
- Burnout and fatigue
- Difficulty coping
- and more...