This program introduces and reinforces the fundamentals of tactical shooting and weapons handling skills under stress. The foundation is a solid understanding of basic marksmanship and weapons handling/manipulation, but tactical shooting is much more dynamic than static range training and more opposition focused than competition shooting. Speed, movement, stress, and accuracy are emphasized to create success on demand. The principals and techniques of tactical shooting are developed through lecture, demonstration, and performance. The program explains and demonstrates the specific techniques to perform this very rapid, but accurate type of firearms presentation and shooting. The student will practice the fundamentals of tactical shooting. This program will build the skills required to successfully employ these techniques in a tactical or survival situation.
1. Applicant must be a certified law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws or active military.
2. Must be in good physical condition with no medical restrictions and pass a FLETC health screening.
3. Must have completed at least a basic firearms training program.
Required Training Materials
- Firearms Safety Rules & Regulations
- Advanced Pistol Techniques and Instructional Methodologies
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 280-5419
Charleston: (843) 746-0865
Cheltenham: (301) 877-8438
Artesia: (575) 746-5676