The VDETP will train law enforcement personnel to use equipment and devices that directly interface with vehicle infotainment and telematics systems through specially designed hardware that can acquire binary images, decode and parse data, and recover deleted information.
Applicants must be a law enforcement officer/agent or civilian forensics investigators/analysts with or without arrest authority, actively engaged in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws.
Required Training Materials
- Vehicle Data Extraction Techniques
- Advanced Electronic Law and Evidence
- The Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers (FLETC) partner with numerous federal agencies to provide law enforcement training. If you are a member of one of these Participating Organizations, please contact your agency training officer for class availability. If your agency is not a partner organization of the FLETC and you are interested in attending a course, please contact us to request placement on our Wait List.
- The FLETC State, Local and Tribal Division (SLTD) supports our local law enforcement communities by providing training opportunities, onsite at FLETC campuses and exported to hosts, through the FLETC Application for Student Training (FAST) online application site at FLETC.gov/FAST.
- For more information on all training at FLETC, please contact us at FLETCAdmissions@FLETC.DHS.GOV or 800-743-5382.
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 267-2485