The Seaport Security Antiterrorism Training Program (SSATP) is specifically designed to meet security needs of Port Security personnel. Security at most seaports is accomplished by a cooperative effort of Federal, State, and Local law enforcement agencies. This program was developed to include all jurisdictions involved at the seaport and to address the needs of the personnel charged with safety and security functions. This unique program offers port and landside facility inspections created to harden layered seaport security and protect against acts of terrorism. The SSATP is conducted as a center advanced training program and is offered to law enforcement, military, and port authority personnel.
Applicant must be a law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws or Port Security personnel responsible for safety and security functions.
Required Training Materials
- Improvised Explosive Devices-IED
- Partnership Models and Information sharing in CI/KR
- Weapons of Mass Destruction Student Exercise #4
- Physical Security for the Maritime Environment
- Maritime Terrorism Case Study - USS Cole
- Small Vessel Threat
- Countermeasures & Technology Familiarization
- Contingency Planning-Incident Response
- Intro to Seaport Operations
- Maritime Piracy & Crimes
- Underwater Threats
- Seaport Facility Inspection
- Seaport Facility Inspection Practical Exercise
- Seaport Facility Inspection Lab 1
- Overview of Critical Infrastructure Protection
- ISPS Codes
Federal organization personnel should contact their agency training officer to register for training, email questions to FLETCAdmissions@fletc.dhs.gov or telephone 912-267-3344.
State, local and tribal officers requesting training should register online. If organizational support is required or you have additional needs, please email email@example.com or call us at 1-800-743-5382.
International (non-US) personnel should email FLETCfirstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 912-261-4023.
Program Contact Info
Charleston: (843) 566-8579