The Law Enforcement Fitness Coordinator Refresher Training Program (LEFCRTP) is designed to provide the participant with an update of current practices in the area of fitness. The program will also examine the processes and procedures associated with the fitness coordinator's responsibilities. The program will expose the participant to various training methods and alternatives to common exercise routines to include many functional strength conditioning and tactical conditioning methods. Additionally, the student will learn about nutrition and supplementation for performance, application of exercise physiology, alternative testing protocols and much more.
- Applicants must have successfully completed one of the following:
- Possess a valid CPR certification. Participants must bring their current CPR card (American Heart Association or American Red Cross).
Required Training Materials
- Introduction to Physical Techniques
- Physiological Principles of Exercise
- Cardiorespiratory Assessment
- Physical Efficiency Battery
- Developing Fitness Progressions
- Physical Testing Protocol
- Principals of Weight Management
- Exercise Considerations for Special Populations
- Exercise Alternatives
- Injury Prevention
Federal organization personnel should contact their agency training officer to register for training, email questions to FLETCAdmissions@fletc.dhs.gov or telephone 912-267-3344.
State, local and tribal officers requesting training should register online. If organizational support is required or you have additional needs, please email email@example.com or call us at 1-800-743-5382.
International (non-US) personnel should email FLETCfirstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 912-261-4023.
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 280-5476
Artesia: (575) 746-5962