The Law Enforcement First Responder Training Program (LEFRTP) is designed to provide topics most applicable to law enforcement officers as first responders at the state and local levels. Law enforcement officers must be trained and equipped to respond to virtually any situation, including criminal acts, terrorist attacks and other large-scale emergencies. These officers will need to use a system of command to achieve a coordinated and effective incident response. The LEFRTP will provide training, guidelines, and resources to address these, as well as other important issues. The LEFRTP is designed for law enforcement officers and law enforcement support personnel. The practical application of sound response principles is a main theme of this training program.
Applicant must be a law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws.
Required Training Materials
- First Responder/ICS
- Weapons of Mass Destruction
- HAZMAT Awareness
- Crisis Intervention Communication and Management
- Pre-Attack Behavior and Violence Prevention
- Active Threat Response Tactics
- Tactical Medical
- Federal organization personnel should contact their agency training officer to register for training. If you do not know your agency representative you may contact FLETC Admissions for assistance.
- Apply for state, local and tribal training. If organizational support is required or you have additional needs, contact FLETC Admissions
- International (non-US) personnel should email FLETCfirstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 912-261-4023.
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 267-2331
Artesia: (575) 746-5962
Charleston: (843) 566-8568
Cheltenham: (301) 877-8335