The Electronic Control Device Instructor Training Program (ECDITP) provides instruction in topical areas such as the characteristics of an electronic control device, legal aspects, Use of Force, tactical and special considerations, training drills and scenario development. Training consisting of lecture, static and dynamic drills, skills practice, labs and practical exercises. At the conclusion of this program, the student will be able to develop and instruct an ECD block of instruction for their agency.
- Applicant must be a law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws.
- Must be in good physical condition and not be medically restricted from participation in the training program.
- Students should be a certified ECD end user and have law enforcement instructional training prior to attending (agency "self-certify" including FTO, ITP, UOF instructor, etc.).
Required Training Materials
- Use of Force - Legal Aspects
- Use of Force
- Introduction to Physical Techniques
- Electronic Control Devices
- Threat Assessment and Response
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 261-4511