The Critical Infrastructure Security and Resilience Training Program (CISRTP) is designed to introduce the students to the current policies, plans, doctrine, and methods of protecting critical infrastructure. During this program the students learn the theories and principles surrounding critical infrastructure protection in the United States. They will also learn and apply risk management techniques to analyze and evaluate facilities to develop security and resiliency strategies to enhance the protection of critical infrastructures. To successfully complete the program, students will perform a comprehensive practical exercise assessment on an actual infrastructure facility and provide recommendations to increase the security and resiliency of the facility.
- Applicant must be a law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws who is assigned duties related to the protection of critical infrastructure. Individuals whose duties directly relate to critical infrastructure protection but are not sworn law enforcement officers may attend if they are sponsored by a federal, state, local, or tribal law enforcement agency.
- Participants must have successfully completed the FLETC Physical Security Training Program (or equivalent program) prior to registering for this class.
Required Training Materials
- Improvised Explosive Devices-IED
- Building Blocks of Critical Infrastructure Protection and Resilience Strategy
- Overview of Critical Infrastructure Protection
- CIKR Physical Security Overview
- CIKRTP Identification and Cross Sector-Interdependencies and Dependencies
- CIKR Risk Management-Consequences, Vulnerabilities and Threats
- CIKR Assessment Methodologies
- CIKR Practical Exercise
- Computer Vulnerabilities and Countermeasures
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 267-3587