The Continuing Legal Education Training Program (CLETP) is designed to provide refresher training to field agents and officers in legal subject areas covering the 4th, 5th, and 6th Amendments, use of force, electronic law and evidence, civil liability, and recent statutes and rules changes. Instruction is updated by a review of the most recent court decisions and legislative changes to the laws that are applicable to law enforcement agents and officers. This training can prevent evidence admissibility problems, increase investigative skills in gathering evidence, and help agents and officers avoid being liable for alleged improper conduct. The CLETP meets the continuing training requirements of various agencies and departments.
Applicant must be a law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws.
Required Training Materials
- Officer Liability
- Legal Update
- Fourth Amendment
- Use of Force - Legal Aspects
- 5th & 6th Amendment
- Electronic Law and Evidence
- Federal organization personnel should contact their agency training officer to register for training. If you do not know your agency representative you may contact: FLETCAdmissions@fletc.dhs.gov for assistance.
- State, local and tribal officers requesting training should apply online. If organizational support is required or you have additional needs, please email FLETCAdmissions@fletc.dhs.gov
- International (non-US) personnel should email FLETCemail@example.com or telephone 912-261-4023.
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 267-2179
Cheltenham: (301) 877-8336