The Commercial Vehicle Counterterrorism Training Program (CVCTP) is designed to train law enforcement officers on terrorist trends as they relate to commercial vehicles and how these vehicles are used to commit acts of terrorism, either as a weapon of mass destruction or through transportation of materials to further the cause of terrorist organizations. The CVCTP is unique in its design, recognizing that security of our highways and transportation infrastructure is accomplished by a cooperative effort of federal, state, and local law enforcement officers. This program is delivered with the assistance of the Domestic Nuclear Detection Office (DNDO). This program is available as an export.
Applicant must be a law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws who is assigned duties related to commercial motor vehicle enforcement. Individuals whose duties directly relate to commercial motor vehicle enforcement but are not sworn law enforcement officers may attend if they are sponsored by a federal, state, local, or tribal law enforcement agency.
Required Training Materials
- Introduction to CVCTP
- Commercial Vehicle Awareness
- Basic Radiological and Nuclear Detection
- Improvised Explosive Devices
- Suicide Bomber Mitigation
- Authentication of Identity Documents for Law Enforcement Personnel
- Interviewing for Law Enforcement Officers
- Federal organization personnel should contact their agency training officer to register for training. If you do not know your agency representative you may contact FLETC Admissions for assistance.
- Apply for state, local and tribal training. If organizational support is required or you have additional needs, contact FLETC Admissions
- International (non-US) personnel should email FLETCfirstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 912-261-4023.
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 267-3587